The Dos and Don'ts of a Successful Social Media Marketing StrategySep 28, 2022
Did you know almost 99 percent of Fortune 500 companies have active social media pages? It's no wonder either with 3.8 billion people using social media, there's a large audience for your business to tap.
However, a bad social media marketing plan can be more detrimental than not using social media at all.
Keep reading to learn the dos and don'ts of a successful social media marketing strategy.
What Is Social Media Marketing?
Put simply, social media marketing uses social media platforms to put out your marketing materials. Some of the more popular social media platforms are:
There are literally 100s more, but these are just a few of the most popular ones you may be familiar with.
8 Social Media Marketing Strategy Do's
- Do use compelling imagery. Facebook posts with images receive 37 percent more engagement compared to posts that are just plain text.
- Do write different caption lengths. Mix up your wording and how much you write to keep your content fresh and interesting.
- Do post regularly. Create a plan to continue posting regularly so you don't forget to post.
- Do interact with your followers. Answer questions that are asked in comments and jump into relevant conversations to make your brand more personable.
- Do think before you post. Ask yourself if this is something that's appropriate for your brand and also something your followers will enjoy.
- Do set realistic expectations. Expecting your first post to go viral is unrealistic. Set yourself up for success with a realistic goal.
- Do share success stories. People want to hear about your brand so share positive customer stories with your followers.
7 Social Media Marketing Strategy Don'ts
- Don't Veer Off Brand. Keep your posts consistently about your business and your services.
- Don't post with grammar or spelling mistakes. One of the easiest ways to discredit your brand is accidentally posting something that's wrong.
- Don't overpost. There's a line between posting often and spamming, depending on the platform, you shouldn't go over once a day.
- Don't argue in comments. While you may disagree with people online, don't get into a fight or argue with your followers on the comments. Instead, tell them you'll send them a direct message to communicate with them.
- Don't drink and post. No matter how stressful your day is, never drink and start posting on your business's social media platforms.
- Don't give up just because it's hard. Social media marketing is a marathon, not a sprint so be sure you're sticking with it and working on a long term plan.
- Don't try to be everywhere. Don't spread yourself too thin and try to jump on every platform, create a plan and expand in one platform then spread to others.
Create a Successful Social Media Marketing Strategy Today
Now that you know the do's and don'ts of a successful social media marketing strategy, start posting today! If you need help with your social media marketing plan, contact us today!
If you liked this content be sure to check out the rest of our blog! We write great content to help your marketing.